Each Monday I will spotlight a companion animal that, for a variety of reasons, is commonly misperceived.
Today’s animal is a species that I used to think was unintelligent and boring, until I worked closely with them for many years.
Meet the amazing, incredible, compassionate, and intelligent CHICKEN!
Did you know these amazing facts about chickens??
• Chickens have more than 30 types of vocalizations to distinguish between threats.
• Chickens can distinguish between more than 100 faces of their own species.
• Chickens communicate with their offspring in the womb. A mother hen begins to teach calls to her chicks before they even hatch.
• Chickens can easily be clicker trained because of their level of intelligence. They learn behaviors even faster than dogs!
• Chicks are whizzes at math! According to a new study, they are able to perform basic addition and subtraction.
Which animals have changed your perception about them after you lived or worked with them? Please share!
2 thoughts on “The compassionate and complicated chicken!”
I agree. I think chickens are highly underrated. Almost as underrated as pigs! XOXO – Bacon
LikeLiked by 1 person
I agree, Bacon! 🙂